- By mayonewsreleases
Briefing for Editors and Reporters About Destination Medical Center
WHAT: An opportunity to ask questions about Destination Medical Center, a $5 billion economic development initiative to secure Minnesota's status as a global medical destination center now and in the future. Current projected benefits to Minnesota from Mayo Clinic and related DMC expansion over 20 years include:
- Total economic impact to Minnesota exceeding $45 billion, including $30 billion in direct spending.
- 35,000 to 45,000 new jobs in Minnesota, including 25,000 to 30,000 expansion-related positions in southeast Minnesota.
- 1,800–2,200 construction jobs per year. Most will be union/trades.
- $2.5 billion to $3 billion in additional tax revenue to the state of Minnesota from personal income, sales, other state taxes over the 20-year period; an additional $300 million in new local and other tax revenue.
- Bradly Narr, M.D., Medical Director, Destination Medical Center
- Lisa Clarke, Administrator, Destination Medical Center
- Ardell Brede, Mayor of Rochester
WHEN:10:30 a.m. CST, Friday, March 8, 2013
WHERE: Audio news briefing. The toll-free audio conference call-in number is 800-404-8174. Please dial in at 10:20 a.m. CST; the briefing will start promptly at 10:30 a.m.
WEBCAST: To view the webcast, click on the link or paste it into your web browser and follow the instructions:
RSVP: Emily Blahnik at email@example.com or 507-266-3203.