• By Dana Sparks

CREEPY, DREADFUL, WONDERFUL PARASITES: A Parasitologist’s View of the World – Week of Feb. 23, 2014

February 23, 2015

macroscopic image of a louseEvery week Bobbi Pritt, M.D., posts a new case, along with the answer to the previous case. Read Dr. Pritt's blog: Parasite Wonders and submit your answers, comments and questions. Enjoy science!

Read more about Dr. Pritt.

Note from Dr. Pritt: All opinions expressed here are mine and not my employer's. Information provided here is for medical education only. It is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. I do not accept medical consults from patients. 

This was a very fun event. It took 45 minutes to get food but it was time well spent meeting people from other departments that I may have never met before. Never knew we has so many associates! I wish Mayo would consider similar events at the other sites because it was loads of fun.

and Rochester got ice cream?! Food trucks and freebies sound more like a 'Thank you' to me…

@brittanyaarsvold

and Rochester got ice cream?! Food trucks and freebies sound more like a 'Thank you' to me…

Jump to this post

That is funny. We got ice cream for ranking as the best hospital in the nation!

@brittanyaarsvold

Jump to this post

Health system didn't get anything

The pictures show a very fun event! One definite advantage of working in Florida where the staff numbers about 5,500 is that it is much easier to have a huge celebration with freebies and food variety than it is in Rochester – with a staff of over 34,000.

Thank you Mayo Clinic for having a celebration of any kind!

Here in Phoenix we are told we can't have food trucks on campus for liability reasons. Congratulations to Jacksonville on solving that problem!

This looks so fun! Congrats to all in Florida! Loved the pics on Flickr.

@brittanyaarsvold

Jump to this post

All the Health System got was an email.

Wow!!!! Looks like a very nice celebration. Mayo Rochester I think served cookies one day I wasn't working. Looks like Florida really took care of their employees!

Please login or register to post a reply.