• By Dana Sparks

CREEPY, DREADFUL, WONDERFUL PARASITES: A Parasitologist’s View of the World – Week of March 23, 2015

March 23, 2015

Every week Bobbi Pritt, M.D., posts a new case, along with the answer to the previous case. researcher Dr. Bobbi Pritt with lab microscopeRead Dr. Pritt's blog: Parasite Wonders and submit your answers, comments and questions. Enjoy science!

Read more about Dr. Pritt's work.

Note from Dr. Pritt: All opinions expressed here are mine and not my employer's. Information provided here is for medical education only. It is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. I do not accept medical consults from patients. 

What a powerful, constructive idea. Thank you, Mike and Cathy Schultz. Go, Team Rob!

COMMENT

Can other areas beside Rochester do this?

COMMENT
@pattylsch

Jump to this post

Hi Patty! Yes, all Mayo Clinic employees are able to participate. All you need to do is use your @mayo.edu email address. Thank you!!

COMMENT
@pattylsch

Jump to this post

I think so as I'm from Florida and signed up.

COMMENT

Hello, can you tell me if there is a way to switch teams? Thanks!

COMMENT

It looks like this site is still active, so I'm wondering if the challenge & fundraising is still active as well. I was able to choose the oncology team, so I'm wondering if we're still able to participate at this time.

COMMENT
@phil46and7

It looks like this site is still active, so I'm wondering if the challenge & fundraising is still active as well. I was able to choose the oncology team, so I'm wondering if we're still able to participate at this time.

Jump to this post

Thank you for reaching out and we’re happy to hear you are interested in the challenge! Unfortunately, this challenge did end in April, but Mayo Clinic employees can still use PerkHealth for free that’s why you were able to sign up. But, since the challenge has ended, your minutes of exercise won’t go towards the teams. We encourage you to continue being physically active and utilize the Well-Being website: http://intranet.mayo.edu/charlie/well-being/ for upcoming challenges and other ideas relating to wellness. Thank you!

COMMENT
@karlaraygor

Hello, can you tell me if there is a way to switch teams? Thanks!

Jump to this post

Hi Karla, thank you for your question. Our team at Perk Health can change it on the back end so I sent you a follow up email with the details. Thank you for participating!

** Comment posted by subject matter expert **

COMMENT
Please login or register to post a reply.