• By Deborah Balzer

Mayo Clinic News Network Headline 3/30/15

March 30, 2015

In today's Mayo Clinic News Network Headline with Vivien Williams:

• March is Traumatic Brain Injuries Month — Allen Brown, M.D., says the highest risk group is the elderly who most often fall at home. Dr. Brown shares tips on how to provide a safe home environment

Journalists: Video is available in the downloads. [TRT 1:03 ] Click here for script.

I get goose bumps reading this story! What an amazing thing you have done Ed and family! Thank you!

COMMENT

My husband has been an employee at the GOL Transplant house for 7 years now and really enjoys the house feel and the company of the patients who came and go. Some long term and other's that visit on yearly routine checkups. I really enjoyed reading this story and learning more about Ed Pompeian. What a sweet guy he is, thanks so much for sharing!

COMMENT

If you're interested in supporting Gift of Life House, The Commission is hosting a supply drive at Grand Rounds on June 5 fro 630 to 9pm. They're looking for household supply donations: napkins, paper towels, soap and $10 gift cards for families staying with them. You can also register to be a bone marrow donor.

COMMENT

Ed this story would have made your Mom and my Papa and Grandma smile…it also made me smile…Have a Sunny Summer in Pepin. Pam

COMMENT

What a wonderful story! Thank you, Ed and Jayne for making the world and our Health Care sytem a better place.

COMMENT

As a former transplant RN, I know how important the transplant houses are to support patients and their families. Thanks to Ed and his family for their wonderful gifts to these patients!

COMMENT

Ditto Maggie's goose bumps. I hadn't known this story before, but after reading it I'm humbled, and my pride in the cause of healthcare, service in general, reaffirmed.

COMMENT

Amazing story and an amazing man, so glad that I have had the pleasure of knowing and working with him!

COMMENT

Love this: One act of kindness creates and endless ripple.. Blessings

COMMENT

Wow, thanks God.

COMMENT
Please login or register to post a reply.