• By Deborah Balzer

Mayo Clinic News Network Headline 6/1/15

June 1, 2015

In today's Mayo Clinic News Network Headline with Vivien Williams

• An international study presented at the annual American Society of Clinical Oncology shows a cancer drug combo is shrinking melanoma tumors by nearly 60 percent. While this new trial offers hope for treatment, Mayo Clinic dermatologist Dr. Dawn Davis says prevention, as well as detection, are extremely important in reducing risk of skin cancer(Read more about the melanoma study in this BCC report.)

Journalists: Video is available in the downloads. [TRT :57] Click here for the script.

I was in the Florida ED last night with a family member and a Ms. Patricia Taylor from Environmental Services came in and introduced herself, explained what she needed to quickly do in the room and then as she was leaving said she prayed everything goes well and thanked my family for choosing Mayo Clinic for their healthcare. What a gem!!!

COMMENT

Awesome job Arizona team! We in Rochester use many of the same tools, I like your quarterly goals for improvement, sounds like a great way to track those improvements and celebrate the small wins. I especially like your service recovery, I am sure this makes an impact on patient satisfaction!

COMMENT

Our Environmental Service staff is the best! Thank you for all you do for our patients and everyone here.

COMMENT

You are all the best! The dedication that all of you have to keep our campus clean and the warmth you show to all of us,our patients & their families is beyond reproach. You are all a pleasure to work with. Thank you all for being you!

COMMENT

Before I had ever thought about coming to Mayo, I had heard comments from several people that I know who were Mayo patients, on how extraordinarily clean the hospital facilities were. This was remarkable to me that several people said the same thing, bringing that up in conversation. Now that I work here, I have the same appreciation. You are recognized nationwide and Beyond for the contributions you make. Thank you!

COMMENT

It's so nice to see such quality work around campus. Congratulations on your goals and reaching them. You are all so vital to the patients, family members and staff at Mayo Clinic!

COMMENT

You guys are the best! Always professional and friendly. Your hard work is greatly appreciated!

COMMENT

Hats off to our Arizona team! Congratulations on reaching your goals and for taking such good care of us and all of our patients! We really appreciate all you do each and every day. Many thanks!

COMMENT

Great job! Your work is greatly appreciated! Thanks for all that you do 🙂

COMMENT

I adore our AZ Phoenix EVS staff! The best. Always friendly, respectful and with a "good morning, hello or good afternoon". From the hospital to the clinic – day and night – great folks all round. Keep up the great work guys.

COMMENT

They work darn hard, at times doing a particularly nasty job, getting little if any recognition for it. Say hello to one of them sometime. Kudos to the environmental folks. There are no insignificant jobs here at Mayo.

COMMENT

Hats off to our Arizona EVS colleagues who are such an important part of our patient care team. Thank you for all that you contribute to our patient's experience.

COMMENT

Kristi Hill is one of the kindest co-workers I have ever met. She always has a smile on her face, and always approaches everyone with kindness. When I was working in the hospital, she always took the time to say 'hello' each day and ask how my day is going. The entire AZ EVS staff are all very kind and work very hard each day. Kudos to all of you!!

COMMENT
Please login or register to post a reply.