• By Joel Streed

Stretching for Golf: Mayo Clinic Radio Health Minute

August 21, 2014

In this Mayo Clinic Radio Health Minute, Mayo Clinic Dr. Sanj Kakar explains how stretching can help golfers avoid injury.

To listen, click the link below.

Golf Injury Stretching

I agree with Trista – very disappointing that Mayo didn't offer some type of comment or feedback about the tragedy.

COMMENT

Recently there was an article on the home page regarding bullying in the work place. There were many disturbing responses to that article by Mayo employees. Dr. Noseworthy then sent out a message that these issues would be addressed and action would be taken. I was just wondering if we could get an update as to what so far has been done to correct this problem. Thank You.

COMMENT

I was disappointed that Mayo didn't formally comment on, or acknowledge when the Green Bay Packers when they won the superbowl in 2010, but then i realized that it didn't have anything to do with Mayo's scope of practice, or daily opperations.

COMMENT

I don't think the argument of there being "too many policies" is a good one, although I totally agree that there are a lot and it is hard for any one person to know them all.

COMMENT

@Amy, you're right. My mistake.

COMMENT

Just because we didn't see or hear Mayo leadership respond to the tragedy doesn't mean they haven't done anything to acknowledge what happened, perhaps the people in Newtown were just more important recipients of their message than we were. I would be very surprised if at least one pyschologist from Mayo hasn't volunteered to go there to councel those who closely impacted or some other aid having been offered.

COMMENT

In light of the current & anticipated future financial position is it really necessary that an ice and water machine be delivered to my area? (The sink and water fountain do work.) Granted I will use this when it arrives I just struggle with the logic of it – seems like frivolous spending…

COMMENT

Here's a question for future… What is a "power bump"??

COMMENT

Shelby and Trista In AZ we have a Code Silver alarm for an active shooter. It will lock down units, notify security, etc.

COMMENT

Question: My wife is an RN. Why can she self report her TB test result but can't read/report mine?

COMMENT

@ Charles- the choice whether or not to exercise is completely up to you. As long as you are paying for your membership, you have the option to reduce that fee by scanning in – no one is missing out but you if you decide not to exercise. The DAHLC wants t

COMMENT

@Jennifer A power bump is a power outage. A bump can also be a reboot whether intentional or not.

COMMENT

I've heard of people outside of the Mayo clinic using Mayo discount by saying they were employees…is there anyway of preventing this?

COMMENT

@Rebecca, If the company giving the discount cares, maybe they should ask for a Mayo ID. I believe discounts are given to promote business. If they want to give the discount without checking for Mayo employment, then more power to them!

COMMENT

Emily- How are the rest of us supposed to get the visit incentive (as members of DAHLC) when we don't work downtown. I don't believe that my membership fee reduces by just reporting on the Healthy Living website what I have done.

COMMENT
Please login or register to post a reply.