- By Dana Sparks
Don’t stop washing your hands!
Hand-washing remains the best defense against the spread of viruses, including SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
As more communities open up and follow changing pandemic protocols it's good to remember one of the most important protections against COVID-19 is washing your hands.
- Mayo Clinic Minute: How to properly wash your hands
- Hand-washing: Do’s and don’ts
- Science Saturday: The new super power of hand-washing
- Taking care of your skin with increased hand-washing
- COVID-19 expert explains what soap does to SARS-CoV-2 virus
Information in this post was accurate at the time of its posting. Due to the fluid nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, scientific understanding along with guidelines and recommendations may have changed since the original publication date.
Check the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for additional updates on COVID-19. For more information and all your COVID-19 coverage, go to the Mayo Clinic News Network and mayoclinic.org.