- By Dana Sparks
Making Mayo’s Recipes: Shepherd’s Pie
Shepherd's pie is a traditional Irish dish that's especially popular around St. Patrick's Day. Enjoy it this weekend! (A little tip: Leaving the peel on the potatoes adds fiber.)
Each week one of the 100+ tasty video recipes from the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program is featured on the Mayo Clinic News Network, just in time for you to try at the weekend. You can also have the recipes delivered via the Mayo Clinic App.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program. Find more recipes and other healthy-living insights on the Mayo Clinic App.
Journalists: Broadcast-quality video (TRT 2:00) is in the downloads.
- 2 medium russet potatoes, cut into nickel-sized cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt