- By Dana Sparks
Making Mayo’s Recipes: Vegetable stir fry
This is the ultimate clean-out-the-refrigerator meal. Try bean sprouts, water chestnuts, sugar snap peas or snow peas. Add leftover grilled chicken, sauteed shrimp or tofu. Enjoy!
Each Thursday one of the 100+ tasty video recipes from the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program is featured on the Mayo Clinic News Network, just in time for you to try at the weekend. You can also have the recipes delivered via the Mayo Clinic App.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program. Find more recipes and other healthy-living insights on the Mayo Clinic App.
Journalists: The broadcast-quality video (1:05) is in the downloads.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 (8-ounce) container button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 crown broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced into half-moons
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews