- By Brian Kilen
Mayo Clinic Announces Apple Watch app for Patients and Physicians
ROCHESTER, Minn. – Today Mayo Clinic announced two new applications for the Apple Watch that will help patients and providers manage schedules and visits. The Mayo Clinic app update is available on iTunes. The Synthesis app for providers is available to Mayo Clinic staff.
“It is important that we interact with patients so that it seamlessly enhances their health care experiences. Whether this is through the Mayo Clinic app., remote monitoring, or the Apple watch, health consumer experience will continue to drive these technologies forward and Mayo Clinic will continue to lead with cutting edge technologies that benefit both our patients and
staff.” says John T. Wald M.D., Medical Director, Mayo Clinic Public Affairs.
Journalists: Sound bites with Dr. Wald are available in the downloads.
MEDIA CONTACT: Brian Kilen, Mayo Clinic Public Affairs, 507-284-5005, firstname.lastname@example.org
Once patients have synched the Apple Watch to their iPhones, they can view, at a glance, their next appointments. The app includes:
- Upcoming appointments including date and time, location and type of appointment
- Appointment check in status
- Itinerary changes including new appointments and changes to existing appointments
Providers, too, will be able to access useful information at a glance using Mayo Clinic’s Synthesis app. The app includes:
- The day’s appointment list
- Basic patient demographics
- Indication for the visit
- Patient status changes including when the patient has checked in, been moved to an exam room, or if the patient has not yet arrived
- Remaining appointments for the day
About Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit organization committed to medical research and education, and providing expert, whole-person care to everyone who needs healing. For more information, visit http://mayocl.in/1ohJTMS, or https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/.