• By Rebecca Eisenman

Mayo Clinic Launches National Mobile Exhibit Tour to Honor 150 Years, Look to the Future

April 15, 2014

ROCHESTER, Minn. — To honor 150 years of serving humanity, Mayo Clinic is taking its story to the public in a free exhibit destined for stops in more than 40 communities throughout the U.S. and Canada from April through October 2014. This high-impact, 1,000-square-foot exhibition on wheels will bring to life Mayo Clinic’s values and our vision for the future of health care

Mayo Clinic Sesquicentennial Mobile Exhibit

“Throughout our history, people have turned to Mayo Clinic for hope and healing. By experiencing this exhibit you will share the enduring values and exciting vision of Mayo Clinic in service to humanity,” says Kerry Olsen, M.D., Chair, Mayo Clinic Sesquicentennial Committee.

What’s inside?
A visit to the exhibit will allow visitors to see the human body as never seen before and discover how we use innovation, research and technology to meet the unique needs of individual patients.
Through examples of new research to prevent and treat disease, Mayo Clinic’s impact around the world, and stories of patients whose lives have been transformed, the exhibit provides an immersion journey into Mayo Clinic’s values and compelling vision for the future of health care.

Where will you find us?
Visit our website to find a tour stop near you or join the conversation at #MayoClinic150. Join us to see how Mayo Clinic is making a world of difference for you — and for people everywhere.

###

About Mayo Clinic
Recognizing 150 years of serving humanity in 2014, Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit worldwide leader in medical care, research and education for people from all walks of life. For more information, visit 150years.mayoclinic.org, www.mayoclinic.org and newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org.

MEDIA CONTACT:
Rebecca Eisenman, Mayo Clinic Public Affairs, 507-284-5005, Email: newsbureau@mayo.edu

I'm VERY sad about losing the "patio" behind the RMH Employee Cafeteria as well as the "park alcove" just east of the RMH Employee Entrance. These have been two wonderful spots to enjoy the out of doors in the non-winter months. Quiet time and fresh air during lunch hours and break times are VERY therapeutic, and I am very, very sad they are going to be swallowed up by more buildings. 🙁

COMMENT

The new Proton Therapy building will be a great addition to Mayo Clinic. As for losing the "patio" at RHM, please remember that the needs of our patients come first.

COMMENT

Kathie is a patient too

COMMENT

What a great addition to the care our clinic can now offer. Thank you Mr. Jacobson!

COMMENT

Amazing how few parking spots there are north of the downtown campus. Makes it very difficult for those of us who live north and northeast of Mayo.

COMMENT

The page and map accessed by the link that shows motorcycle parking only describes what is available at St. Marys. Which downtown employee lots have spots for motorcycles?

COMMENT

The maps of current campus map vs. proton beam map are too small to make sense out of and do not expand on clicking. The needs of our patients come first, and some of us will really miss a nice place outdoors to take a break. I will miss the convenience of parking outside Methodist but certainly see the rationale here.

COMMENT

Does Mayo have any plans to offset the reduction in parking spaces this new building creates? A few more floors to the Graham, 1st St, or East Employee ramps would suffice.

COMMENT

It would be nice if they leave some way for natural light to still get into the employee cafeteria. When you work all day in a cube or a surgical suite seeing a little sunshine does a lot for your mental and physical health. How about a patio on top of the new Proton Beam facility?

COMMENT

I agree the sunlight is a good thing but this will be a great expansion to Mayo and provide amazing enhanced care to Mayo's Cancer Patients! This is a huge step forward for Mayo Clinic and a great thing for Cancer Patients!

COMMENT

Are there any more images available regarding this new building? It will be sad to lose the quiet, sunny spaces behind Eisenberg. I've seen many patients use that space. The sun deck in the front of Eisenberg is no longer appealing for patients especially with the duct work on top of the roof. Hopefully there will be some consideration for a sunny, quiet place for patients and staff at Eisenberg.

COMMENT

I find it funny how the loss of voting/consultant staff parking results in allied health employees losing their parking to make room for them. Sounds a little like a two class system. What is the real reason consultant staff can't be expected to walk as far as allied health if not for being privilaged?

COMMENT

I, too, am allied health staff, and I know that consultants are more apt to be saving a life and in a hurry. A secretary like me doesn't have the responsibilities the consultants have. I therefore do not mind our parking being a little less perfect.

COMMENT

Thank you Judy! The physicians/consulting staff I work with are here 70-80 hours a week. The "privilege" isn't about a class status, but yet importance of their job. Yes, ALL of our jobs are important, but I don't think that this is that outlandish of a concept to allow them better parking spaces so that they can be on time for appointments/meetings. They also get paid a lot more than allied health staff ….. does that make it a two-class system as well? As far as anyone being upset about losing more parking spots and "green space" because of the Jacobson Building ….. well, no words can describe that other than maybe "selfishness". (Note: I do not have parking access to those of you who may accuse me of not knowing the difficulty of parking downtown).

COMMENT

Hopefully, Mayo will work more closely with the bus service to create more buses for each route that services the on-the-edge of town lots so there are less crowding and closer arrival times to our work schedules.

COMMENT
Please login or register to post a reply.