Chronic Pain: Mayo Clinic Radio
On Saturday, July 6 we will replay a previous program featuring Dr. Tracy Harrison and Dr. Barbara Bruce discussing Chronic Pain. More than 50 million Americans suffer from chronic pain. What can you do if chronic pain is interfering with your life? Do you need to see a specialist? We hope you'll listen.
12 Tips for Living With Chronic Pain
1. Learn deep breathing or meditation techniques.
2. Reduce stress in your life.
3. Boost chronic pain relief with natural endorphins from exercise.
4. Cut back on alcohol which can worsen sleep problems.
5. Join a support group.
6. Don't smoke.
7. Track your pain level and activities every day.
8. Learn biofeedback.
9. Get a massage.
10. Express your sexuality.
11. Eat a healthy diet; control your weight
12. Find ways to distract yourself from the pain.
Miss the show? Here's the full thing! July 6, 2013 podcast
(Note: Listen to the program LIVE Saturdays at 9am CT on I Heart Radio via KROC AM.)