- By Dana Sparks
It’s The Half Moon Dragon Boat Festival in Eau Claire
Mayo Clinic Health System to host second annual Half Moon Dragon Boat Festival
- What: Half Moon Dragon Boat Festival by Mayo Clinic Health System
- Where: Half Moon Beach in Eau Claire
- When: Saturday, Aug. 6
- 9 a.m. — Qualifying races
- 11:15 a.m. — Opening ceremony and parade
- 12 p.m. — Semifinal races
- 2:15 p.m. — Remembrance ceremony
- 2:45 p.m. — Final races
- 5 p.m. — Team medals and awards presentation
- Cost: The free event will feature music and kid’s activities. Food and refreshments will be available for purchase.
- Supporting: The event will raise awareness of hospice care.
- Fifty-two teams, comprised of more than 1,300 members are competing, many with a personal connection to hospice.
- Each team has 21 participants, including 20 paddlers and one drummer. A steersperson also is provided for each team.
- Race course is 250 meters, and each race lasts less than two minutes.
Mayo Clinic Health System consists of clinics, hospitals and other health care facilities that serve the health care needs of people in 60 communities in Georgia, Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin. The community-based providers, paired with the resources and expertise of Mayo Clinic, enable patients in the region to receive the highest-quality health care close to home.