- By Dana Sparks
Making Mayo’s Recipes: Black bean quesadillas
You don't need a lot of cheese in quesadillas — just enough to bind them together. This baked black bean quesadillas recipe can be made in less than 30 minutes.
Each week one of the 100+ tasty video recipes from the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program is featured on the Mayo Clinic News Network, just in time for you to try at the weekend. You can also have the recipes delivered via the Mayo Clinic App.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program. Find more recipes and other healthy-living insights on the Mayo Clinic App.
Journalists: Broadcast-quality video (1:21) is in the downloads.
- 1 1/2 cups reduced sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup finely diced zucchini
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels, thawed
- 2/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 whole-wheat tortillas, 12 inches in diameter