- By Dana Sparks
Making Mayo’s Recipes: Whole-wheat orzo with roasted vegetables
Chop vegetables about the size of cooked orzo. To make this dish vegetarian, substitute no-salt-added vegetable stock for the chicken stock.
Each week one of the 100+ tasty video recipes from the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program is featured on the Mayo Clinic News Network, just in time for you to try at the weekend. You can also have the recipes delivered via the Mayo Clinic App.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program. Find more recipes and other healthy-living insights on the Mayo Clinic App.
Journalists: Broadcast-quality video (TRT 1:47) is in the downloads.
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 4 portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat orzo, dry
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups no-salt-added chicken stock