- By Rebecca Eisenman
Mayo Clinic to Open New Primary Care Clinic in Southeast Rochester
ROCHESTER, Minn. – Mayo Clinic will expand primary care services in south Rochester. Mayo Clinic will lease clinical space currently under construction at 4544 Canal Place Southeast within the Shoppes on Maine development. Construction is expected to be completed by the end of 2014. Patients will be seen at the new site in early 2015.
“The south Rochester location is an investment in our patients’ health and well-being, and will provide greater access to Mayo Clinic care within the community,” says David Agerter, M.D., medical director, Mayo Clinic Employee and Community Health. “It's also in response to feedback from our employees and patients who have requested Mayo Clinic primary care services in this part of the city. This is part of a broader effort to make more Mayo Clinic services, both face-to-face and non-visit care, accessible and convenient to the community.”
The new clinic will be a place for innovation. Mayo Clinic will explore ways to provide the best community based healthcare to a broad population of patients at this location. New care innovations developed at the south Rochester location will be shared throughout all of Mayo Clinic’s community practices.
Physician-led, multi-disciplinary care teams are being developed for this location to support patient care. These teams will play an important role in delivering a comprehensive, seamless care experience. They will:
- Help coordinate care for patients, working to ensure a seamless experience.
- Connect patients to the most appropriate care when you need it, including use of electronic and non-visit care tools such as telephone consults and Patient Online Services, Mayo Clinic’s secure Web portal.
- Provide access to intermediate specialty care services and connect patients to specialists for complex care needs when needed.
“This new clinic is just the start,” says Dr. Agerter. “It is part of a broader strategy to deliver comprehensive, seamless, whole-person care for patients. Mayo Clinic intends to offer additional ways for its Rochester area patients and employees to experience specialized care services in new convenient ways.”
Quick facts – South Rochester primary care clinic
- Square footage: 22,800 square feet
- Employees: 30-40 employees will staff this location including physicians,nurse practitioners, physician assistants, staff nurses, clinical assistants, and support staff
- Parking spaces: More than 100 free, on-site parking stalls are planned
- Construction completion: Late 2014
- Opening date: Early 2015
About Mayo Clinic
Recognizing 150 years of serving humanity in 2014, Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit worldwide leader in medical care, research and education for people from all walks of life. For more information, visit 150years.mayoclinic.org, MayoClinic.org or https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/.
Rebecca Eisenman, Mayo Clinic Public Affairs, 507-284-5005, email@example.com