- By Dana Sparks
Mayo named a 2021 DiversityInc No. 4 on the Top Hospitals and Health Systems for Diversity
DiversityInc announced its annual Top 50 Companies for Diversity listings.
Mayo Clinic was named to two specialty lists this year — No. 4 on the Top Hospitals and Health Systems list, up from No. 7 in 2020, and a new entry onto the Top Companies for People with Disabilities list at No. 19.
DiversityInc’s listing is considered the leading assessment of corporate diversity in the United States and globally.
“We would like to take this opportunity to recognize and thank all Mayo Clinic staff for helping advance this hard work across the enterprise,” said Anjali Bhagra, M.D., medical director of the Office of Equity, Inclusion and Diversity. “This is an acknowledgment of our collective efforts and progress.”
Mayo Clinic has long embraced diversity and inclusion. Mayo Clinic’s diversity and inclusion priorities are reflected in six institutional goals:
- Provide high-quality, culturally appropriate care in a welcoming environment to all patients.
- Increase the diversity of Mayo Clinic patients.
- Improve inclusiveness and participation of diverse staff members at all levels of the organization.
- Increase the proportion of women and minority students, faculty, administrators and employees where underrepresented.
- Increase the proportion of women and minorities in senior leadership.
- Identify and eliminate health disparities; become a national leader in the science and promotion of health equity.