- By Bryan Anderson
Minor Traffic Disruptions for The Mayo Clinic Healthy Human Race Weekend
ROCHESTER, Minn. — The Mayo Clinic Healthy Human Race, a weekend of health and wellness is scheduled for Aug. 22–24, 2014. The race, one of Mayo Clinic’s sesquicentennial events, is organized by the City of Rochester, Rochester Track Club and Mayo Clinic. To provide a safe environment for participants and spectators, there will be minor traffic disruptions and road closures in Rochester. The following roads and intersections will have short-term closures during the weekend: Saturday, Aug. 23
- 2nd Street SW from Civic Center Drive to 5th Avenue SW (westbound lanes, emergency only on eastbound lanes): 5:10 to 6 p.m.
- 4th Street SE from 3rd Avenue SE to 7th Avenue SE: 4:15 to 5:15 p.m. (westbound two lanes, eastbound lanes for emergency vehicles only)
- Civic Center Drive (3rd Avenue SE) from 2nd Street SE to 4th Street SE: 4:15 to 5 p.m.
- Civic Center Drive from E Center Street to 2nd Street SE: 8 a.m. on Saturday to 11 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 24.
- E Center Drive from Mayo Park Drive SE to 7th Avenue SE: 4:30 to 6 p.m.
- E Center Street from Wells Fargo driveway to Mayo Park Drive SE: 8 a.m. Saturday until 11 a.m. on Sunday, Aug. 24.
Sunday, Aug. 24
- 11th Avenue NW from Civic Center Drive to 2nd Street SW: 6:35 to 8 a.m.
- 12th Avenue NW from 2nd Street SW to 2nd Street NW: 6:35 to 8 a.m.
- 13th Avenue NW from 2nd Street SW to 2nd Street NW: 6:35 to 8 a.m.
- 16th Avenue NW from Civic Center Drive to 2nd Street SW: 6:35 to 8 a.m.
- 17th Avenue NW from 1st Street SW to 4th Street SW: 6:35 to 8 a.m.
- 1st Street NW from 16th Avenue NW to 7th Avenue NW: 6:35 to 8 a.m.
- 2nd Street NW from 16th Avenue NW to 7th Avenue NW: 6:35 to 8 a.m.
- 2nd Street SW from Civic Center Drive to 16th Avenue NW (westbound lanes, emergency only on eastbound lanes): 6:35 to 7:45 a.m.
- 6th Avenue SE from E Center Street to 4th Street SE: 7 to 11 a.m.
- 7th Avenue NW from 2nd Street SW to 2nd Street NW: 6:35 to 8 a.m.
- 7th Avenue SE from E Center Street to 4th Street SE: 7 to 11 a.m.
- 9th Avenue NW from 2nd Street SW to W Center Street: 6:45 to 8 a.m.
The following parking restrictions are in-place during the weekend: Saturday, Aug. 23
- 6th Avenue SE from 3rd Street SE to 4th Street SE on the west side
- 7th Avenue SE from E Center Street to 3rd Street SE on west side
- 3rd Street from 6th Avenue SE to 7th Avenue SE on North Side
- 2nd Street SW from Civic Center Drive to Broadway Avenue S north-side meters bagged
- George Gibbs Drive from 6th Avenue SW to 7th Street SW on east side of road
- 7th Street SW from 4th Avenue SW to 2nd Avenue SW on south side
- 2nd Avenue SW from 7th Street SW to Soldiers Field clubhouse on west side
“We apologize for any disruptions the road closures may cause, but we’re excited about a weekend of fun wellness activities that will draw thousands of people,” says Edward Laskowski, M.D., co-director, Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine Center. “People who haven’t yet registered may do so online or in person at the event. If you aren’t able to participate, we welcome people to line the route and cheer on the runners and walkers!” Questions about the road closures can be directed to race director Mark Bongers at 507-649-2322 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for a map of road closures.
About Mayo Clinic
Recognizing 150 years of serving humanity in 2014, Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit worldwide leader in medical care, research and education for people from all walks of life. For more information, visit 150years.mayoclinic.org, http://www.mayoclinic.org and newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org.
MEDIA CONTACT: Bryan Anderson, Mayo Clinic Public Affairs, 507-284-5005, email@example.com